Board of Trustees
Donations to the Trust will be applied either to the ongoing support of those families left behind by the death of their loved one in the service of our country or alternately funds will be directed into making life the best it can be for the families of those Commandos who are seriously injured whilst on operations.
The Trustees will consider each case on its merits based on a complete brief provided by a Military Board convened to assess and recommend suitable levels of support to affected SOCOMD members and families.
The Patrons of the Commando Welfare Trust are;
- MAJGEN Tim McOwan AO DSC CSM (Retd)
- The Hon Dr Brendan Nelson AO BMBS FRACP (HON) FAMA FRSN
The Trustees of the Commando Welfare Trust are;
- BRIG Mark Smethurst DSC AM (Retd) – Chairman
- BRIG Craig Shortt DSC CSC DSM – Deputy Chairman (Commander Special Forces Group)
- Peter Harvie – Trustee (Chairman, CHE Pty Ltd)
- Bruce Parker – Trustee (Managing Director – HM Engines Pty Ltd)
- Peter Laverick – Trustee (Partner, Laverick Legal Lawyers)
- Ian Breedon – Trustee (Former Partner, Deloitte Australia)
- Mark Coad – Trustee (CEO PHD Media)
- Miriam Dwyer – Trustee (CEO Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation)
- BRIG Alison Creagh CSC (Retd) – Trustee (Chair ACT Veterans’ Advisory Council)
- Robyn Walker AM (Retd)
A Donation to the Commando Welfare Trust is a donation to families
We support soldiers and their families during times of hardship.